LinkedIn® 101: Introductory Lesson (Session #021820202)
Time & Location
About the Event
The LinkedIn® 101: Introductory Lesson is taught from a user point of view and is backed by many years of experience and proven results. This flagship career consultation service is a few hours of pure introduction to the LinkedIn® business networking platform. The experience includes an intro to the site, eye-opening reasons why it's important to use now and in the future, best practice for profile creation, and the basics of interacting with the platform to drive opportunities to you.
The lesson is presented in an easy to understand walkthrough guide with real-world examples to help you begin your journey. Throughout the two hours, you’ll learn the secrets of finding career success by utilizing LinkedIn®, take notes, and start thinking about how to better build out your branded profile with your professional story. You'll leave the session with "homework", which will be to apply my best practice advice. You'll know how to become a stand-out candidate in this competitive online job market.
Mental / Emotional Considerations
Mental preparation is key. In the days leading up to this session, be thinking about what your career goals are. An internal promotion? Changing companies for the same role? Changing career paths altogether? What story are you going tell? If you’re not sure, check out these helpful career self-help books to ignite your thoughts
- Frames of Mind by Howard Gardner - Theory of Multiple Intelligences: theory and practice.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard Nolan Bolles - 2018: A Practical Manual for Job -Hunters and Career-Changers
- Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger - Discover the Perfect Career for You Through The Secrets of Personality Type
Physical / Technology Considerations
You Will Need:
- LinkedIn® Profile w/ Log-in Credentials
- Laptop / Desktop Computer
- Computer Charger Cord
- Stable WiFi Signal / Internet
- A Quiet Place to Concentrate
- A Comfortable Seat
Optional Useful Items:
- Paper & Pen for Notes: The session will go quickly. Jotting notes will help you capture questions and homework items
- Phone for Dialing In: Audio is also available via computer speakers
- Headphones / Earphones with Mic: To decrease disturbance to those around you
- Extended / Extra Screen: One for viewing and one for working on your profile
- LinkedIn® 101$99$990$0